Good news, ecobee owners! Ecobee is rolling out a major update to its popular ecobee3 smart thermostat this April!
The 3.6 update is their biggest since the thermostat’s September 2014 launch and includes many popular-request features:
- outside temp now displays on ecobee3 unit’s idle screen
- improvements to heat pump algorithm
- HomeIQ overview in the web portal, so you can compare your energy usage to your previous months and your neighbors
- Sensor participation for granular control over sensors, such as when the system should use certain sensors and ignore others
- mobile app improvements, including the ability to view a sensor’s name, current temp reading, occupancy status of the sensor’s room, and the sensor’s status (connected/not)
This is great news for ecobee3 owners – not only is the best thermostat on the market getting even better, but it’s also proof that ecobee stands behind its product and will continue to improve it for existing users!
Read about these changes in greater detail on ecobee’s own blog:
- 3.6 update – What are the new smart features?
- 3.6 update – What’s new in the mobile apps?
- 3.6 update – What’s new in the web portal?
One reply on “Major ecobee3 update 3.6 improves sensors, more”
Good article, Each and every point is good enough.Thanks for sharing with us your wisdom.