Over the last few weeks we’ve been updating our reviews and comparison charts with the best selling* thermostats among Smart Thermostat Guide visitors.
Unsurprisingly, the very popular ecobee3 (our review) dominates this list in both its 1-sensor and 3-sensor pack versions, but the much older Honeywell WiFi Smart Thermostat (our review) puts up a good fight, along with several other budget-friendly and feature-heavy Honeywell offerings. Honeywell’s newest smart thermostat, the Lyric, doesn’t even show up in this top 8 list – not surprising, considering the Lyric’s post-launch struggles and rather negative reviews.
Somewhat surprising, though, is the sheer number of thermostats in this list that don’t look at first glance like a “smart” thermostat – they may lack a color touch screen or use a humble grey/white body design, even though many are WiFi-enabled. Honeywell excels in this category, adding WiFi to its well-regarded programmable thermostat designs while holding back on the extra bells and whistles.
Below are the top 8 best-selling smart thermostats according to STG.com visitors.
- Ecobee3 WiFi Thermostat with Remote Sensor
- Honeywell WiFi Smart Thermostat
- Honeywell RTH6580WF WiFi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat
- White-Rodgers Emerson Sensi WiFi Thermostat
- Ecobee3 WiFi Thermostat with 3 Remote Sensors Bundle
- Nest Learning Thermostat 2nd Generation
- Ecobee Smart Si Thermostat
- Honeywell RTH7600D Touchscreen 7-Day Programmable Thermostat
*This list was compiled by analyzing what our readers are buying on Amazon.com once visiting Amazon through our affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.